Re: [DML] Big Decision... I need help

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Matthew Veldhuis" <floridagators@xxxx>
wrote:
> I'm looking at an '83 Delorean with about 25k miles. I haven't
seen
> it, but I'm taking the word of the mechanic who looked at it. It's
got
> rust on the frame, engine, seat rails, bolt heads, etc...
>
> Is this something that can be taken care of, or is a car like this
> beyond reasonable repair? He's asking a decent price for a car in
this
> condition, but I would want to fix it up. So, I basically trying to
> figure out how much work I'll be getting myself into.
>
> Thanks for the help
> Matt
> floridagators@xxxx

The Key word here is RUST,rust on the frame you do not want(surface
rust is ok,rustthru is not)rust on a Delorean frame,is the kiss of
Death,or at the least your bank account,it is very time consuming to
replace the Delorean frame and unless you get the car for a very
reasonable price it will cost more to repair than to just get a
Delorean with a rust free frame.I would say pass that car up,if you
do not know how to work on a Delorean or do not have the tools or
means to support such a project.

Claude

000570