[DML] Re: New stereo and speakers - Perfect match!

[DML] Re: New stereo and speakers - Perfect match!

Stian,
It seems as if we have similar tastes. I replaced my factory system just
over a couple weeks ago and the unit I picked is the Kenwood, sorry but I
don't have the model number with me at this time. It looks VERY similar to
the one you mentioned on the website you posted. The one I picked does have
the "MASK" feature such that when I turn the ignition on, the face plate
rotates around and lights up....super cool! In my opinion, the unit does
integrate well with the D interior, and when I turn it off it looks as if
nothing is there (great security feature). I can also pick between a green
or amber illumination (green is a little better). The price of the unit was
right around $250. I have thoroughly enjoyed the unit thus far. Be advised
that the rear 4 X 10 speakers are "mounted" via the magnet, so when mine was
replaced, a 4 x 10 speaker could not be found that would fit very well......I
went with a 4 x 6 plate instead. I did not do the installation myself, so
this is what I was told by the person who did it. I also had some kick
panels built for the recess near the doors in the footwells that have 6.5
inch speakers in them (that looks really great). A 10 inch subwoofer box
sits on the parcel shelf firing backwards and hides my 300 watt amp.
Needless to say the system sounds great, looks good, and I couldn't be
happier. If you have any specific questions, let me know and I will be glad
to assist you.

Regards,
Darren Decker