[DML] Re: Engine Cove Hinge

In a message dated 3/25/00 8:55:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ian@xxxx writes:

<< Gary,

If you get a knowledgeable response to your query, could you forward it to
me please. I need to access the same to re-attach/tighten them as they
rattled loose at Christmas. >>

Well, I replaced the engine cover hinge with help of the parts manual. It
was actually pretty easy. Just unscrew the four screws holding the top loop
brackets for the cargo net. Then carefully work the rear panel forward from
the top. It is held on the bottom by two brackets that easily slide of the
lips when you lean it forward from the top and out. You will then have to
gently bring down the panel slightly that has the rear cargo light in it. I
was able to access the nuts for the hinge by just bringing the panel down
slightly and I didn't have to remove it completely. It is tied in behind the
rear speaker panels. Just be careful with it it is fragile. This procedure
worked for me and allowed me to fix the last little thing I wanted to on the
car. I thoroughly enjoy working on the car myself. Well maybe something
will break to keep me busy :) If anyone wants more details email me
privately. Hope this helps

Gary Gore
Activities Director
DeLorean Mid Atlantic