[DML] Re: Rip off DeLorean Keys part 1

At 02:16 PM 2/27/00 -0000, you wrote:
>Why do people spend $25.00 for a key???,
>
>The blanks for the DeLorean are the most common key shape available (A
>'BL-5' blank commonly used on Volvo cars) and retail at around $5.50 when
>cut. unless you think the plastic emblem on the key is highly important then
>I would suggest you just take your key to a local DIY store, get it copied
>and put a DeLorean Key fob on it. This is still less than half the price of
>buying one for $24.00, If they ask you what car it is of then they may say
>they can't do it but any confident key cutter will know as soon as they look
>at the key that it is a very common type.
>
>Just because your car is rare, don't get ripped off for standard parts such
>as keys!!!!

reply:

note to moderator - Please post this reply, I take the above post on a personal
level and feel it's only fair that you allow my reply sense the above post is how I am ripping off Delorean owners, every one knows I make the Delorean keys .....Thanks

In your post you accuse me of ripping off Delorean owners by selling Delorean keys at $25 dollars each.

First off: Delorean keys are not the most common key available, DMC Houston
and Delorean-One have a few original OEM keys in pristine condition and there is a source in England that has something like 50 OEM keys that sell the keys for $75 dollars each.

Next: The keys that most other Delorean suppliers are selling are keys I make at home. I started making Delorean keys because I did not want to pay $75 dollars for a single key my self. Making these Delorean keys is a semi-pastime-effort. So far by my count I have yet to break even on money. I mostly continue making the keys as a small contribution to the Delorean owners community. No one who has ever purchased one of my Delorean keys has ever been cheated or ripped off.

In fact: The quality of my keys is such that at the last Delorean concourse, the judges could not distinguish my home made Delorean keys from original OEM Delorean keys. And today My home made Delorean keys are approved for Concourse competition with no point loss. I would suggest that this alone justifies the retail price.

end part 1

Lee

ps. see part 2

CAUTION : Any individual or group discharging a nuclear device or weapon
inside Los Angeles city limits may be fined $500 - and/or serve 30 days in county jail.

It's the LAW!