[DML] Re: More Engine Troubles

> Sean Spurlock wrote:
>
> It doesn't run right, and spits out black smoke, sputters, and stalls. It only
> has 3,000 miles on it. It has been stored for most of it's life (indoors and
> outdoors). What could be the problem. I guessed that it might just need a simple
> CO adjustment

Probably a bad guess. My guess would be the entire fuel system, starting with the
fuel tank and ending with the fuel injectors. You will not need to replace the
fuel tank but you will need to remove it and have it steam cleaned. From there
you will need to replace all of the soft components in the fuel system, purge the
steel fuel lines, replace the fuel pump, the fuel filter, probably the fuel
distributor, and all of the injectors. I've been there, done that! This is NOT
an inexpensive remedy.

Regards,
Ed Thompson (#6419 since 1982)