[DML] Re: Rip off DeLorean Keys

No secret on Keys
The standard key to buy at most stores is an ILCO X29
This fits most DeLoreans.
For the earlier DeLorean with the light the WB2 blank is used
most key suppliers have the blanks
The original company was sold. I have had the pleasure to talk to Steve
Jones who worked on the original DeLorean project with the keys. For olds
times sake the original numbers were 74660518853 and 74660518852.
There are a few other crossover numbers for Howard (V073), Curtis (V073) and
Taylor (609)

NOTE: THE WB2 KEY NEEDS TO BE SHORTENED 4MM BEFORE CUTTING THE BLANK. The
original was a special although the same profile it was shorter.

If you want the original key then pay the $24 The person making them went
through a lot of trouble to make the tooling and that was not cheap. I do
tooling and I am aware what it takes to make the keys. Even at $24 he is not
making a huge profit if he has even broken even.

Hope this answers some of the questions about keys

Ken