[DML] Re: Rip off DeLorean Keys

I couldn't disagree more with dmc12's note about the replica keys (see below).

Three reasons:
1. Collectibility: Why will someone spend $30 for a t-shirt with DMC (or any other logo)
printed on it? Why spend $10-$20K on a collectible car and use a cheap volvo key?

2. Functionality: When I bought my car (13 years ago) I used the volvo key blank the
previous owner gave me. It was horrible. It constantly twisted and broke off. I went
through 3 in two years until I found a real key. The replica keys (which I also have)
look great, feel great, and work.

3. Pride: I feel great about my car and the commitment I have made to keep it running
well and looking well. This is the same reason I'd never by an imitation Ferrari.

Why do people spend $25.00 for a key???,

The blanks for the DeLorean are the most common key shape available (A
'BL-5' blank commonly used on Volvo cars) and retail at around $5.50 when
cut. unless you think the plastic emblem on the key is highly important then
I would suggest you just take your key to a local DIY store, get it copied
and put a DeLorean Key fob on it. This is still less than half the price of
buying one for $24.00, If they ask you what car it is of then they may say
they can't do it but any confident key cutter will know as soon as they look
at the key that it is a very common type.

Just because your car is rare, don't get ripped off for standard parts such
as keys!!!!

Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Ernst & Young LLP