[DML] DELOREANS DOWN UNDER

Just to add to my son's theory on the number of Deloreans in Australia,
Morris Brokwell from Western Australia (WA) informs me that he owns two
vehicles, one a factory converted RHD 5-speed, and the other, a LHD
automatic. The latter DeLorean he keeps in Melbourne which he uses on the
occasions when his business takes him there. Morris also told me that he
occassionally takes is Melbourne-based DeLorean to Tasmania.

For our overseas colleagues, Tasmania is an island state six hundred or so
miles to the south of the Australian mainland. There is a nightly vehicular
ferry/ship service to Tasmania.

To my knowledge, Morris currently has his RHD DeLorean up for sale but I
can't confirm this. Some months ago, a DeLorean was featured for sale in
the Unique Car magazine. It was a WA based vehicle and I can only assume
that it perhaps belonged to Morris.

The Birdwood Museum DeLorean in South Australia is owned by a person in the
Northern Territory and on loan to the museum. This was confirmed to me by
the curator of the Birdwood Museum last November.

The recorded number of DeLoreans in Australia is nine (by my reckoning), but
I feel sure that there are a couple more getting around. I was informed by
an acquaintance recently that he had regularly seen (a few years ago) a
DeLorean transitting the Sydney/Melbourne freeway. The car had been sighted
just to the south of Sydney on several occasions, but sad to say, it was in
need of some minor repairs.

Greg Scalia's article in the Unique Car magazine is very good. It gives an
overview of the DeLorean from it's conception to its demise, and the article
is nicely supported by an excellent photo of his machine.

Lance Haslewood
Sydney, Australia