[DML] Re: POLL: BTTF Upgrade

> << What do you think about "upgrading" your DeLorean to a
> BTTF time machine?
> >>

> Perhaps another category should be in the poll like easily rmovable
> non-damaging add onns. I like the idea of adding items to
> the DeLorean for
> shows related to BTTF as long as they are not permanently
> mounted or attached
> and do no damage to the car. The person that has the whole
> rear time machine
> assembly with the vents that bolts in place of the louvre is
> a neat idea and
> easy to remove to return to stock.
>
> Gary

Now this sounds like the perfect next kit for Lee. A Limited Edition BTTF
full-scale conversion kit. Complete with flux-capacitor, WORKING time
circuits, and a full color -personalized to the edition owner- copy of Grays
Sports Almanac. This edition would be limited to only 88 kits. Order yours
now!

Seriously, I bet that Universal Pictures would get fairly nasty to anyone
who came out with BTTF kits. Wasn't Bob Brandys forced to change the name on
his 'Mr. Fusion' to 'Mr. Fussion' (or something like that)?

I've thought of building the BTTF parts for my car (as long as it didn't
damage the car and it would all come off easily). I have some friends in the
special effects business and I even have the Krupps coffee grinder (as soon
as an old friend finds where he put it) that was the basis for the 'Mr.
Fusion' (photos will be posted, I assure you).

I think I'd get more of a kick out of using it to help teach the excitement
of science to young people then going to SF cons or driving around
pretending I'm Marty or Doc. Our local Science Center is always looking for
ways to get the kids interested. And if you rented it out, would that be a
copyright violation?

Ken