From:                   John Dore
Subject:                [DML] Re: dmc in t.o.

Chris,
I think we pay even more tax on imported cars here in Ireland. I
recently inquired how much tax would have to be paid on a Delorean that
I (in theory) bought for US$12,000, which is about 8500 Irish pounds.
Believe it or not, it would cost a further 8000 irish pounds before it
could be registered, effectively doubling the price of the car from
$12,000 to about $23,500. Of course this does not include shipping
charges, or the annual tax you pay in Ireland called "road tax" which
for a D would be about $1000 per year.
Even so, we have a few DeLoreans on the road in Ireland.I suppose some
people will do anything to get a DeLorean!
Best Wishes,
John Dore, Ireland.