[DML] Re: Removing right door

In a message dated 1/27/00 12:00:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Delorean17@xxxx writes:

<< I dont see how
you can pull the torsion bar out because I thought it would spin if you did.

Obviously I am not getting something. Could someone please help me out? I
just want my door off! by the way, my rear window was knocked out in a car

Good news for you, You DO NOT have to remove the torsion bar to remove the
door,just unplug the door harness thru the access hole on the roof,pull the
harness thru after you remove the harness water seal plate(two
screws)(p/n108599)then have the door supported or held in the fully opened
position,remove the gas strut(caution:Make sure the door is HELD up in the
fully open position,as you remove the strut,othewise the door will come down
on you,then all that is left is to remove the FOUR HORIZONTAL bolts that are
on the swivel part of the door hindges(The ones that go thru/hold the doors)
and one person on each side of the door takes it away,when installing the new
door make sure you DO NOT bump into the torsion bar, I have removed(and
installed) many Delorean doors this way,and have never had any problems,as
long as you do not remove the Torsion bar Retainer Plate(p/n 105006)the
torsion bar will stay under torque whether the door is on the car or off the
car,also remember that the torsion bars,CANNOT be interchanged between left
or right side.

Claude
000570