[DML] Re: Epoxy

In a message dated 1/27/00 12:00:33 AM Eastern Standard Time, dmcjoe@xxxx
writes:

<< Many dealers undercoated DeLoreans as part as their pre- delivery
preparations that would explain the black chassis color. >>

NEVER spray undercoating to a Delorean frame,it EATS up the factory epoxy
coating,it does nasty stuff to the frames,I am sure those Deloreans that were
sprayed when new, very quickly had rusted frames,and NEVER use that black
undercoating spray, that comes in a can,I do not know if they have improved
undercoating sprays,but the stuff from the 80's just ate up the epoxy on the
Delorean frames.Also the factory did have non-epoxy frames(or at least black
painted frames)
I have a rare factory video showing those cars(frames),plus the gold car,and
the crash test.

Claude
000570