[DML] Re: Insurance

Wrecked my first car twice, and totaled my second car, all before I was 20.
Fortunately, both of those were old economy cars.

Even the car I bought when I was 25 was been hit 4 times, none my fault,
because its' diminutive size (Miata) has kept people from seeing me soon
enough.

The Delorean is very low, and has horrible visibility. Driving mine has
gotten me back into the habit of actually looking over my shoulder when
changing lanes. I believe there is a high probability that a younger driver
will eventually call DMC Houston looking for new body panels. However, if I
had an opportunity as a teen to own such a fine auto, I would have jumped at
the chance to be the coolest guy on the block. :-)

My advice is to drive it VFR only (i.e., good weather, avoid night driving).
I wouldn't even light a cigarette, yak on the phone or fuss with the radio.
It is true that you learn by making mistakes, and I would think you'd like
that lesson to be in a car that you really didn't care much about!

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN# 4695

P.S. Anybody know of a convex ("OBJECTS ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR")
mirror for the passenger side? That would help me LOTS.