[DML] MacGuyver Delorean Tip #27

Soon after buying my Delorean, I removed the luggage rack from my trunk,
since it didn't secure well. And the trunk contents tended to slip around
as well.

But now I'm left with this $^@!? bolt poking up into my trunk, with the
potential to damage the trunk contents or become damaged itself. The
solution became obvious while I was browsing the shelves of a local Pep Boys
in the form of a large, black suction cup (Keeper Corp #05245, pack of 2 for
3 bucks). The suction cups included a threaded fitting that miraculously
matches that of the bolt in the trunk. So I cut out the center of the cup
(harder than it looked) hoping to get to the threads, just missing them.
Still, the rubber hole binds on the bolt, holding it snugly. And the
suction cup can be inverted, which makes it easy to thread and use it to
hold down the rack. It's much easier on the fingers than a wing-nut.

Plus, it's easy to remove for those concours competitions!

Just my X-Mas tip,

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN# 4695