[DML] A hiatus

This will be my last posting until sometime in January 2001. You see, I am
parting company with my 83 DeLorean and taking up with my bicycle for the
next year. Starting January 1, 2000, I will join 245 other certifiable
loonies who are, for one full year, riding their bicycles around the world.
Yes, this one-legged 66 year old guy is going to ride on 6 continents,
through 45 countries and pedal 20,000 miles.

I have already made contact, off the list, with some of the DeLorean owners
outside the USA and hope to be able to meet them in person during my
travels. While there are no DMLers in many of the countries we will ride
through, I would love to meet as many of you as possible given my tight
schedule and preplanned route.

Should any of you want to meet, quaff a pint and talk about DeLoreans,
bicycles or things in general, send an email to <raddad@xxxx>. My
wife will tell me of your posts and we'll see if we can meet.

The DML is a wonderful resource. Use it well and often. Isn't it amazing
how the internet has shrunk the world so that we think we know people we've
never met and who live thousands of miles away. I'm sure that in this next
year I'll come to realize that the world is a BIG place after all.

Merry Christmas to you all. May the new millenium bring you health and
happiness.

Dick Ryan
The Rad Dad
VIN 16867

Countries I'll ride through (and drink beers in): Mexico, Costa Rica,
Panama, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, Swaziland, Greece, Italy, Monaco,
Andorra, Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar, Canada, England, Wales, Scotland,
Ireland, Northern Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Russia,
Germany, Czeck Republic, Belgium, Netherlands, France, Switzerland,
Lichtenstein, Austria, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Thailand, Viet
Nam, China, Japan