[DML] Re: Troubles with D1

Speaking as a non-owning DML member, I can say I have never had any experiences
of D1, but there are equal numbers of club members over here who have had great
service and poor service alike. D1 seems inextricably intertwined with the DOA,
and I think the explosion in the DeLorean internet community allowing franker and
faster information exchange than any quarterly magazine could produce, it has put
Ed's nose "out of joint".

There was some major argument between Simon Lees-Milne and the DOA which means
Simon has refused to have anything to do with them since. Simon refuses to tell
us what exactly happenned, but the recent argument between Chris and David
Knudsen has added fuel to the fire. I think the argument is simply a difference
of opinion, and David's refusal to acknowledge Chris' opinion in print has
stopped Chris sending out DOA brochures to new members of our club. We are now
seriously questioning affiliating the 2001 "Eurofest" event with the DOA.

I'm sure D1 and Ed have contributed massive amounts to the DeLorean community -
that is unquestionable, but as a member of the DOA, I am a little tired of
reading the Owners Stories in DeLorean World which seem to revolve around a D1
restoration and their wonderful service. I don't recall any stories mentioning PJ
Grady or DMC Houston in the same light, but please prove me wrong.

Martin
DOC UK