[DML] Re: Water Pump Replacement

Jim,

I have the carquest on my car right now. It works but the shaft is a
little longer than the stock DeLorean one causing it to stick out about 1.5
inches longer than the stock shaft. It makes no difference functionally
and will only cause problems if your car is being judged for concourse.
You probably have to remove the intake manifold to get it off. When
you're putting the pump back on, it's possible to orient the hose clamps in
such a way that you won't have to remove the manifold next time. You'll
see what I mean once you start working on it.

--Rob Hook
P.S. You have to have the pulley pressed off of the old pump. The SHAFT is
pressed through the back of the old pump to remove the pulley. It's
possible to 'press' it onto the new one with a bolt, a washer and a short
length of pipe.