[DML] Re: Original Suspension

Beware (or at least check often) the old cut and switch spring trick. I
did this many years ago and all seemed fine until I took the D in for
some routine maintaince a couple of years ago and we saw that the front
(driver's side) spring had broken and shifted slightly. This was totally
unnoticeable when she was down on all fours,nor did it seem to affect
handling, so I have no idea how long I had this situation. I really love
the look of the car with the cut and switch because you can get her to
sit very low (more so than any of the newer alternitives) so I replaced
both front cut springs with the same. I realize that the aftermarket
sets are better for the car's geometry (is that the right word?) and at
some point I will go to them. Needless to say it makes me a bit
concerned now that I'm a little older and wiser and if I drove the car
oftener then I do, it would be sooner then later.
Dan - 7065