[DML] New DeLorean?

New DeLorean?

Hello, I guess a lot of people on this list is curious about the rumoured new DeLorean - the D2 on www.delorean.com

I'd like some feedback from those of you on the list who are DeLorean-owners....

Question: Do you agree that a new DeLorean, if ever produced, should resemble the original DeLorean from the eighties?

Personally, I think so. I mean, only putting gullwing doors on a DeLorean car is not the solution. The new DeLorean has got to resemble the original in terms of "family".

At least in Europe, the various models continues the "original design" with only minor facelifts from model to model. A good example is the Volkswagen Golf. The original design came in the 70s and have more or less survived in terms of similarity up to the 90s.

I think the new DeLorean should be based on the original DeLorean DMC-12 model too. This means that the new DeLorean should have a similar front and rear end + the gullwing doors from the original DeLorean.

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
NORWAY