[DML] Libraries and Stainless Steel Illusion

[DML] Libraries and Stainless Steel Illusion

Personally, I am 100% opposed to Murray's method of acquiring a copy of
Stainless Steel Illusion.

When I was shopping for a sports car, it was a copy of SSI from a local library
that convinced me that the DeLorean was the car for me. I would like more
people to have the opportunity to learn about the DeLorean the way I did. It is
patently obvious to me that every copy of SSI that is available in a public
library is beneficial to the DeLorean marque, and every copy that leaves a
public library to land on a private bookshelf diminishes the value of the
DeLorean marque.

Sometimes when I mention to local DeLorean owners that our county library system
owns a copy of SSI they immediately begin to concoct schemes of how they can
acquire it for themselves. As you might imagine, this immature selfishness
makes me angry.

Although I own most of the DeLorean books, I do not own a copy of SSI. I
already know what it says, and if I ever need to refer to it I can go back to
the library. As long as it remains in the library, others have the chance to
discover the DeLorean for themselves.

Back when James Espey was trying to produce a reprint of SSI, I intended to buy
a large number of copies and donate them to library systems across the country.
Too bad his plan never played out, it would have been a good thing for the
DeLorean marque.

- Mike Substelny