[DML] Re: Libraries and Stainless Steel Illusion

[DML] Re: Libraries and Stainless Steel Illusion

Mike,

I disagree with your comments - Murray has shown admirable enterprise and I
for one congratulate him on securing a valuable item for much less than it's
worth. I know a lot of people (not necessary DeLorean owners, simply people
of such morals) who would have no hesitation in stealing a book they know to
be valuable from a public library. Murray negotiated a price so that both
parties were happy with the transaction.

As for the detrimental value to the DeLorean marque from this sale -
personally, I know of no-one whose interest in DeLorean's stemmed from
finding "Stainless Steel Illusion", in fact quite the opposite is apparent -
it is the established DeLorean enthusiasts who most desire this book. The
marque itself can credit it's infamy mainly to the Back to the Future films
for younger fans and the 80's DeLorean scandal.

You say that you do not own a copy of this book, and your message smacks of
sour grapes. Maybe Murray would consider selling his copy to you? Then you
could donate it to whatever library you feel fit...

Regards,

Tris Harvey-Rice
-----
laddie@xxxx