[DML] Overheating?

Is my car overheating???
Quite often when I crank the car, the cooling fans up front come right on. They whirl for a bit then stop, then eventually start again. Recently I was having my car tested for emissions and it had to idle for about 10 to 15 minutes. The fans came on again and this time coolant from the overflow bottle hit the ground. The temperature gauge shows no sign of overheating. It never even touches the 220 mark. This always happens while my car is idling. The car is in Nevada, but the temperature is very cool now so I'd like to dismiss hot weather as a factor.

If you have any suggestions or comments or thoughts on the subject, please email me at 'VegasDMC@xxxx" rather than reply to the moderator.

Vin #15596
(with a foot rest)