[DML] body panels

Here's a question.......
We all know that Corvette owners can easily get remake fiberglass panels
for their cars, and I was wondering if their was a possiblity of
creating fiberglass panels for the D. Well, I was flipping through my
copy of Stainless Stell I llusion and saw a picture of a yellow D on a
lift at Lotus during development. The caption goes on to say that the
car was an early prototype with fiberglass panels, so here goes, Would
it be difficult to create a mold from existing stainless panels , and
manufacture fiberglass panels for the D that could be painted, without
sacrificing the supply of stainless panels? Maybe other materials coulf
be used also (i.e. saturns?)

-Donald Kazmark
No Vin yet.......