[DML] re: Radio Question

The Craig radio has a crummy plastic flex circuit that feeds the LED that
lights up the display on the tape door. If it still works, it means that no
one ever used the tape deck. After opening and closing the door a few times
(by playing tapes), the printed wiring breaks. There are a couple of
archived write-ups on the www.dmcnews.com site, at
http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/radiodisplay.html

You can either wire around the flex circuit (sacrificing the tape deck).
attempt to fix the flex circuit, or buy a new radio. A list member once
looked into reproducing the flex circuit, but it was not economically
feasible.

New Craig radios are still available from the DMC suppliers at about $250.
Crutchfield sells a Kenwood that fits without cutting the dash for $99. Many
aftermarket radios will fit if you cut the dash.

dave

Jesse D Sightler wrote:
>Finally, I ran into a problem because the radio seems to work, but the
>little LCD display doesn't. Has anyone else experienced this before,
>and if so what was the problem (loose/broken connection somewhere,
>etc). It is the original Delorean Craig radio.

Thanks,