[DML] Re: The dies were sunk because...

In a message dated 10/05/1999 3:06:54 AM GMT Daylight Time,
cmhdevelopment@xxxx writes:

> The dies were chucked into the sea so that no more cars could be made. The
> British Government were not very happy at the time (Delorean owed 70
million
> odd pounds) and wanted the venture to NEVER revive itself from certain
> oblivion...
> Christopher M. Hawes
> DMD (Delorean Model Dealership)

Sorry Christopher another urban myth, the facts are as follows;
When the DMC factory closed sixty tons of presses used to stamp out the
stainless steel panels were sold by Lapple (the pressing company in the
Republic of Ireland) to Haulbowline scrap metal company in Cork. Emerald
fisheries bought the "scrap" metal dies and used them as anchors for the fish
farm's salmon rearing cages. They now rest as anchors in 100 feet of
seawater off Carna in Connemarra.
Robert Lamrock
Belfast