Sent: Monday, August 30, 1999 10:13 AM
Subject: [DML] Re: DeLorean Dilemma/drawing

At 05:31 PM 8/29/99 -0700, you wrote:

>what kind of drawing ? when i was putting back on the interior of my
>car on the rigth side of the fiber glass it said al for king or
>something so i got a razor blade and wrote my name under my seat and
>the year does any one else have things like this in their car?

One day, while working on my D at the foreign car repair shop I work at,
another D pulled in. The owner, Mike (I think) and I got to talking and
comparing stuff on our cars. Since the headliner panels for the doors are
not mounted in my car, Mike sees all the magic marker writing on the
inside. He says he's got the same numbers drawn (with magic marker) in his
doors. 011001/37L (in red) for the left door and 011001/37R for the right.
There is also some black writing. Mine says "30/10 M.I."(poor penmanship)
and "4580 7051X" on the left and "2/13 C.H." on the right. Mike said he
thought his black numbers and initials defered slightly, but he had a bonus
piece of black drawn art work on his left door. It was a drawing of
familular looking face with big bushy sideburns and a smoke hanging out of
his mouth The caption read "Elvis is King." We jokingly wondered if Elvis
was big with the Irish UAW, or perhaps Elvis WAS still alive in the early
80's and was sporting a clean shaven face with strawberry blond colored hair.

Any other Elvis spottings in DeLoreans?

Todd "Project Car For Sure" B.

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address moderato-@xxxx