[DML] oddities

I bought my Delorean in San Diego in May 99.

Since then, I have been discovering/uncovering very interesting 'fudges'
with my car. Here's the list so far:

1. Air conditioner Low Pressure Cut-Out Switch was bypassed. I removed
the bypass, recharged the freon, and it works fine. I can't really
understand why someone would bypass the pressure switch unless the
system had a leak or the compressor was shot. The compressor now cycles
properly, the air is very cold and has been for the past 3 months. No
leaks either. I inserted a special dye into the R12 and looked for
leaks. Nothing.

2. Brake fluid resevoir float sender plug removed and tied up. I
cleaned them off, reattached them, no problems. Why would someone
purposefully detach the float sender wire and tie it up nicely with a
tie-wrap? Again, it makes me think that something was broken... but,
brakes are 100% and the brake light isn't on.

3. Cooling fan. One of the cooling fans was unplugged and the plug
tied up nicely. It was the driver's side cooling fan. Is this somehow
related to the air conditioner? Can you think of a worse condition: AC
Low Pressure Cut-Out Switch bypassed, compressor on full time, A/C
cooling fan unplugged. I plugged it back in and it came on properly.

4. Low note on the horn unplugged. Plugged it back in, works fine.

Now, either I'm paranoid that every plug is faulty on my car and about
to unhook itself magically tie-wrapping itself somewhere closeby, or the
last guy who owned my Delorean had a bad mechanic or had a fetish for
unplugging stuff.

Can anyone come up with a reasonable hypothesis as to why any/all of
these items would be unplugged or bypassed in the ways which they were?

If I find anything else, I'll be sure to post.

Best regards,

--
J.D. Robbins
Project Lead,