[DML] Motor Trend 50th Anniversary Edition

[DML] Motor Trend 50th Anniversary Edition

Title: Motor Trend 50th Anniversary Edition
The following Letter to the Editor was sent to Motor Trend Magazine in response to their portrayal of the De Lorean Sports Car and  John DeLorean in the September, 1999, issue.
You may express your opinion at MTLetters@xxxx

What would a 50th Anniversary edition be without reference
to the De Lorean Sports Car.  I was delighted to see the two
pictures and the descriptive paragraph about the car and its
concept originator, John Z. DeLorean.

I can assure Rik Paul who selected the car as a "fantasy
restoration project" that the De Lorean is one of the
easiest classics to restore and maintain.  All of the parts
are readily available right over the phone.  You do not have
to search endlessly through automotive flea markets to find
some piece of trim.

Many of the parts are available over the counter. De Lorean
Midatlantic has maintained a parts interchange list for over
a decade.  Information about the latest edition is available
on the web at clubs.hemmings.com/deloreanmidatlantic/.

Your description of John DeLorean's involvement with the
production of the car is a bit inaccurate, however.  His
"involvement - some said entrapment - in a drug trafficking
scham' was an official entrapment by an attorney at our U.
S. Department of Justice who wanted to bolster his
reputation.  The finding of illegal entrapment was a finding
of a jury.  Also, John DeLorean did not "spend time in the
slammer". He was arrested and released on bail pending
trial, a trail that completely exonerated him of the
charges.

I am proud to report the John DeLorean is alive and in good
spirits.  Visit our website for recent pictures of a meeting
with our membership.

Aldo Buono, President
De Lorean Midatlantic
dmc1440@xxxx