[DML] Re: A/C Ducts

MHL said:

> . . . when I fired up the big D and cranked on the
> huffer, boy was I disappointed to find the center ducts not blowing that
> delicious cool air. Yes they are open. And yes the door ducts are blowing.

Until I subscribed to the DML I thought that poor flow through the center vents was normal.
In an early issue I learnred that it is NOT normal, but it is common. There are two soft
polymer boots behind the dash that connect the ductwork to the center vents. Frequently these
boots will slip backwards and collapse, blowing that delicious cool air onto your radio
instead of you.

You may not have to disassemble the dash to fix this! Just pop the vent deflectors out of
their sockets. Using a flashlight and some long tools (e.g. screwdrivers, long tweezers) you
might be able to put these boots back in place by reaching through the vents. It worked for
me.

You can find more information about this by searching the DML back issues.

- Mike Substelny