[DML] Vent heat problem and Fanzilla

I have two questions:

(1) I have been having a problem for some time nowand am unsure on how to locate the problem (Joe, this was another one of the itemsthat I meant to have you look at and forgot).  The problem is when I am driving, heat 'dumps' out on my feet from under the console just beside the gas pedal unless I have the mode switch in the "off" position in which case slightly cool air comes from the same location as the previously hot air.  In switching back and forth, this same occurrence becomes controllably repetitive.  When the car is not moving, the hot air by my feet no longer circulates.  I am very unsure where the heat might be coming from, but when I place my hand under the dash near the origin (while I am driving), it seems to be locatedvery close to the firewall in the center console - under the dash.  Any ideas/suggestions.

(2) DMC Joe stopped here for some repairs on his tour of the south - Joe you did a great job and I cannot thank you enough.  One thing he did for me was install Fanzilla.  It is working great, but I have one question.  I thought that one thing that Fanzilla did (other than the obvious) was to turn the console lights off unless the head lights are on.  Could someone shed some light on this and maybe give some detailed instructions on how to shut these console lights off unless the head lights are on.

Thanks for all of your help!!!

Sean Howley
VIN#2345