[DML] Re: Commercial Posting Policy

At 08:50 PM 8/3/99 -0500, you wrote:
>At 01:06 PM 8/3/99 -0400, you wrote:
>>
>>Gentlemen this in my opinion sucks...... I prefer not to comment specificly
>>but will keep my thoughts private so as not to upset anyone.
>>John Hanley
>>VIN16369
>
>Why?? I think polite discussion is good. Let us know why you feel this way.
>
>Personally I agree whole heartedly with the message as written. It seemed
>to have enough leeway to allow for someone from one of the parts suppliers
>to post to say "We have those!", or to post a Web address for a sale and
>things like that. Yet it keeps the list essentially non-commercial. I've
>been on a list that turned into free advertising for one or two people.
>Enough posts that it was difficult wading through them to get to the good
>stuff. Finally the list died as people decided it was too much work. I
>personally think the moderators are doing a great job and I fully support
>their decision to limit commercial postings.
>
>Mark N
>VIN 6820
reply:

I sure that it was not my post that started this again. I can assure the
List members and host that the kits and keys are any thing but commercial
let alone profitable. If my
post is causing trouble I would be glad to attempt just posting in private
to the
Edition owners. As I posted I do still have a few kits left I take it if
commercial
messages are barred (which is OK by me) then interested DMC owners could try
the DMC Bulletin Board, if it's OK to mention the DMC Bulletin board?

I trust this falls in the "polite discussion" cat-a-gorey!

Lee

___
Radiance Software Int.	Leader in VRML Authoring software	Over 200,000
copies distributed

EMMY Winner
Best Technical Achievement
(computer generated effects)

1726 Francisco Street	Berkeley CA. 94703	1-510-649-9118
lseiler@xxxx	http://www.radiance.com	offices: California,
Florida, Tokyo Jp.