[DML] Re: Commercial Posting Policy

At 01:06 PM 8/3/99 -0400, you wrote:

>Gentlemen this in my opinion sucks...... I prefer not to comment specificly
>but will keep my thoughts private so as not to upset anyone.
>John Hanley
>VIN16369

Why?? I think polite discussion is good. Let us know why you feel this way.

Personally I agree whole heartedly with the message as written. It seemed
to have enough leeway to allow for someone from one of the parts suppliers
to post to say "We have those!", or to post a Web address for a sale and
things like that. Yet it keeps the list essentially non-commercial. I've
been on a list that turned into free advertising for one or two people.
Enough posts that it was difficult wading through them to get to the good
stuff. Finally the list died as people decided it was too much work. I
personally think the moderators are doing a great job and I fully support
their decision to limit commercial postings.

Mark N
VIN 6820