[DML] Re: delorean light switch

Erik,
Pull the black button cover off the switch and see what happens. If the
switch works OK the plastic cover may be slightly warped preventing the
switch from operating properly. If this is the case try spraying the inside
of the cover before placing it back over the button. If after taking the
cover off the switch still sticks you will have to replace it. The switch
is part number 108388 and is available from all of the DeLorean parts
suppliers.

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>

----------
> From: delorean502@xxxx
> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [DML] delorean light switch
> Date: Sunday, June 27, 1999 3:01 AM
>
> i am now the proud owner of Delorean # 4512!!!! i picked it up today in
Wisconson, drove it back to michigan with no problem...except one. my
light "switch", or should i say button needed to be pressed really fast in
order to say on. after doing this a couple times the button got stuck and
the parking lights stayed on and i couldnt move the button to turn the
normal lights on. i had to drive 15 miles with my brights pushed on to get
back home in the dark. i was wondering if anybody knows what i should do
to solve this problem. does it require a new button? if so where do i get
it? i have many more questions, but i will ask them later.
FINALLY...after watching this DML for the past 3 years i can finally post
my own problem and have you all listen to them!!! what a great feeling.
thanks for you help

moderator@xxxx, not to the eGroups address shown