[DML] Re: Sun Protection Questions

Dennis,
You're right; the porous materiel of the Dash-Mat allows UV's to pass
through, this is because the materiel is designed to allow sound to pass
through from dash mounted speakers. I don't really care for the external
windshield unit for many obvious reasons. The silver coated interior type
is the best, it not only protects the dash but keeps the car much cooler
when exposed to the sun.
Because of the excessive height of the DeLorean windshield you will need to
find a model that will reach the visors, Kmart and Pep Boys sometimes stock
these bigger units.

You mentioned the glove box flap, did you know that if you order the
Dash-Mat unit you can request "no glove box flap". Dash-Mat does not stock
low volume models like the one for the DeLorean. When you call in an order
they go to a CAD computer, select a code, and the mat is cut to spec. If
you request it, they will tell the computer not to cut the flap.

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>

----------
> From: dcsj@xxxx
> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [DML] Sun Protection Questions
> Date: Tuesday, June 01, 1999 2:34 PM
>
> Hi Everyone
>
> Well after 3years in my closet, I finaly installed my new dash which I
had
> picked up at the Ohio/KAPAC gathering Oct 96 (new binnacle included). Now
> want to protect them as best I can (short of driving overcast only days)
>
> I have seen the posts about the dash-mat protector avaliable from
Dashmat. I