[DML] Re: Air Conditioning / Clicking Noise

[DML] Re: Air Conditioning / Clicking Noise

Actually most R134a Conversions only require the oil to be changed.

Do do this properly you should change All the O rings, the System must be properly flushed of all old oil, the dessicant in the receiver/dryer or accumulator should be changed.(I'm not sure which the D uses). The pressures are also higher on a R=-134 sys vs. R-12. 190 psi or so high side on R12 vs 250psi or more on a 134 system. If done correctly a R-134a retrofit can be successful as I have done many. However. If you do not get ALL the old oil out be prepared to replace many expensive parts. I still go by my rule of Thumb. But back in what you took out. R-12 is still redily available and cheap compared to what it was about 5 yrs ago. If it leaked out. Replace the seals, add a ounce or two of oil and recharge. You'll have nice cold air in the hot summer.

Ben Bentley
ASE Master tech.
Chrylser Master tech
No D but maybe some day