[DML] Re: Brake Noise PLEEZ Make it Stop!!!

[DML] Re: Brake Noise PLEEZ Make it Stop!!!

> I had a my
>friend's father, a mechanic took a look at it for me and removed the pads
and
>sanded them a bit. This made the noise go away for about 3 days but now
it's
>back.

In my experience as a former GM maechanic, I found that the most commom
cause of brake noise is glazed rotors and brake pads. This is consistent
with your symptoms. Sanding the pads helps, but they are quickly glazed
again because the rotors are glazed as well. You will have to remove the
rotors and have them turned at a machine shop or auto parts store that has
a brake lathe. (about $10 each) They will check the thickness for you and
let you know if you need to buy new ones or if yours can be turned. I
don't know the specs for the rotors on the D. You may want to find this
out for the shop before you go since it is likely that the D won't be
listed in the book. Maybe DMC Joe can give you the numbers. (turn to,
discard at, minimun thickness, etc.) All four can generally be turned, but
rear rotors always seem to be a problem for some reason.
Hope this Helps!
Brian
16584

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews