[DML] Re: Painting a DeLorean

In a message dated 5/5/99 2:14:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Jus4sho@xxxx
writes:

<< For the most part, I agree with not painting and modifying a rare vehicle
like the Delorean, but there are other factors to be considered. Since the
production life of the D was so short, everyone recognized the
collectability
early and relativey few were customized. We therefore were denied the
experience of seeing the true potential of the car at the hands of creative
and talented enthusiasts. Also I believe that the fact that the cars showed
no individuality (no options to really set their D apart from others),
something preferred by Americans in their automobiles, was a significant
factor in the low sales numbers. (Wasn't there a fender or something found
in the Delorean factory where they were testing paints? Hmmm. Sou >>

I bought one of my Deloreans that was already painted (Red) but it was done
poorly
so I am redoing the the body over,but the cars look great painted,kinda makes
it look
more expensive than it really is,I suspect it had some sins on the SS,that is
why it was painted,but it was better to be painted,than to have wound up as
somebody's
parts car,because of the expense of replacing a SS panel.Too bad nobody makes
fiberglass replacement panels,Because I would be willing to swap all my SS
panels
on my Red car for Fiberglass,therefore a virgin car would have panels
available if they were needed.

Claude
VIN# too many cars

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/dmcnews