[DML] Re: Lost all hope

Tom, don't take this the wrong way but good for you. It's called
growing up. The choices you're making and the logic you're using are
smart. You would not be the first young guy to get in over his head
because he bought a car, any car, out of emotion.

I don't want to sound like an old fart but you're making the smart
choice. Patience. Your "D-Day" WILL come. Use the time to study and
learn how to do your own car work and it'll come even sooner. This car
is simple to work on but you'll need time to learn and accumulate a
few tools. Consider it an investment that will serve you long after
you've bought and sold a Delorean.

There is a time and place for everything. It's only a car and there
are far more important things in your life you should be paying
attention to at this point. Don't lose hope. All you're doing is
trading time for money. Right now the latter is more important but as
you age you'll soon see the reverse become true. In fact I would buy
and give you a like-new Delorean tommorow if I could trade places with
you and I'll bet I'm not the only one here who would do that :-)

Continue to think and act as you're doing now and the day will come
when you'll be able to buy what you please, when you please. You might
even spare yourself the hassle of working past your best years.
Your dream is not dead. Far from it. No dream is dead as long as you
approach it in an intelligent, rational, and thoughtful manner. You're
already well on your way to doing that. From what I can gather you'll
be in a position to own a car a lot sooner than you think. Good luck
to you.

Greg