Re: [DML] Re: Lost all hope

I'm not even going to open the doors as to how much
I've spent.  What I will offer is the fact I have
thought in the past about selling my DeLorean (even up
to this week).  Then I think about everything I've
learned.  All the tools I've purchased (nothing with
"power" all hand-driven), and the wisdom I've gained
from owning this car.  Multiple people here have
pointed out how easy this car is to work on relative
to today's cars.  That is very true.

I didn't know the color of antifreeze when I bought my
car, and I'm 23...  I didn't know how to change the
oil, tighten an AC belt, put Marvel Mystery Oil into
the engine.  You said "O2 sensor", I said "huh?".  Now
I've learned so much.  With the help of other owners,
I've taken on projects like dissassembling the
electrical distributor, adding a tranny cooling kit,
and adjusting the valves.

Point is - sometimes the car and the work to be done
to it can seem overwhelming, if not self destructive.
I know, believe me - I seriously know.  You just have
to find a way to "pace yourself", a comfortable flow
you can get into to restoring your car.  Find some
other owners, talk to them, share your frusturations
and tell them what's got you stumped and drained.  Let
them take you for a ride in their DeLorean.  I know
that sounds stupid, but I had a fellow owner do that
for me while mine was down.  5 minutes in the
passenger seat was all I needed to deciding to resotre
my DeLorean no matter how long it would take.  Heck
I'm still doing it.  I don't think it'll ever be
"done".  That's ok though; I just keep learning
everyday.

Good luck, hope to see you in the future.

Jeremiah