[DML] Re: Going keyless (push-button start)

[DML] Re: Going keyless (push-button start)

I just recently sold a 75 Bricklin (vin 1136)that was setup with
push button start
BY THE pervious P.O.,the way it was setup was that the Coil was set
on "hot" with a toggle switch,the column ignition was setup so that
you could NOT crank over the starter with the ignition or key
switch,the part where you "crank" the car over with the key was
locked out,so that the key would only go to the on position and off
position or acc position. Then there was a push button momentuary
switch,that you would push with your finger to start.
So the process would go like this(I say would go as I do not own it
any more)
Turn the ignition key to the "on" position-- then flip on the "hot"
toggle switch to the coil(that powers on the coil),then push on
the "start" button,and that would crank over the motor and start it.
To turn off,all I had to do was flip down the toggle switch, that
powered up the coil,and turn off the ignition key.
The only downside was that IF the toggle switch was left on(with the
engine not running)and left up (powered up),the coil would be "hot"
or powered on,until the toggle switch,was flipped down or off.Which
meant that the coil would be energized and could/would overheat the
coil and BURN OUT. It only happened once with me when I left the car
at a welders shop,to have some work done,they drove it out of their
shop,awaiting my pickup,when I went to pick it up,I saw the toggle
switch in the up side,and tried to start it anyway,sure enough they
burnt out the coil,lucky for me I got a ride to pickup my
Bricklin,and had a spare coil at home(later I kept a spare in the car
just in case it happened again(never did).

Claude
No more "D's"
Just one "B"
Making life just