RE: [DML] Battery drain

Wayne,

This is a common problem and can be caused by several current drain
situations. The most common, which you have probably already checked, are
the door lights. To eliminate this possibility remove fuse #12 during
storage periods and see if that corrects the problem. There are other items
in the electrical system that commonly draw current from the battery even
when they are turned off. Well known items are the radio and clock memory
circuits. Other items that can cause current drain are the door lock module
and in some situations other electronic components in the electrical system.
Most of these current leakage components should not cause a healthy battery
to drain significantly in just a few days.

You mentioned that your battery is two years old which means you could have
a defective battery. A common battery problem that can effect even a brand
new battery, is a weak cell. Battery's with weak cells may appear to work
fine until you try to crank the engine. I have some simple tests you can
perform that will assist you in locating the source of your battery drain.

Before conducting any tests make sure that your battery is in tip top shape.
The easiest way to do this is take your battery to any automotive facility
that can perform a "load Test" on your battery. If you have access to the
facility where you purchased your battery that would be best. If your
battery fails the test purchase a new one, than contact me either on or off
list and I will forward you step by step instructions on isolating current
drains in your electrical system.

DMC Joe