Re: [DML] Upgrading the Air Filter?

To improve the breathing on the PRV you cannot just do "one side".
What goes in must also come out. You will not realize much improvement
unless you also do something to the exhaust system too. While you are
at it porting and polishing would help, camshafts, larger valves, and
so on, and so on. The PRV was a very engineered system. This means you
will not gain very much unless you do many things all at once. The
whole system was optimized with all the stock parts so there is no
"magic bullet". Some think a hotter coil will do it. In reality the
old coil was just tired so ANY new coil would be an improvement. The
"best bang for the buck" is a complete tune-up with new Bosch parts.
Then if you want to go further at least you are starting out with a
properly running baseline of performance. Performance parts can be
EXPENSIVE and will not give you a whole lot of improvement (unless the
parts you are replacing were shot to begin with).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757