[DML] Re: "Brightening up" the stainless?

[DML] Re: "Brightening up" the stainless?

This was a pretty through explanation. You can also use sandpaper to
start (80#-120#). Doing it by hand is a long, time-consuming, labor of
love. You should submit this post to dmcnews.com. BTW I have noticed
that immediatly after regraining (or rubbing with the blending pad)
the S/S is a lot shinier. It seems to "dull down" after a couple of
days. One of the reasons that if you do one panel you kind of have to
do the whole car so it all matches. In between taking out scratches I
use Windex or even isopropyl alcohol to remove dust, dirt, and the
inevitable "is that really stainless steel? fingerprints. I find for a
beginner using masking tape to keep the grain straight is helpful. It
is also good to use on the rub moulding and the other areas you don't
want to scratch (like the facias, glass, fiberglass, etc).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757