[DML] Cold Start plug electrical behavior?

[DML] Cold Start plug electrical behavior?

I've recently turned my attention to undoing a PO cold-start hack.
They wired a momentary button on a dummy switch back to a brand new
plug for the Cold Start valve.  When not pressed, there's no behavior,
when pressed, the little solenoid audibly clicks, and by holding this
down for about 10 seconds and then off and on for a few more, cold
start is acheived.

I've replaced the Thermo-Time switch, and the old plug for the
cold-start valve is still there, so I can even hook it back up, but it
doesn't work.  When monitoring the real cold start plug, I get an
immediate jump to at least 9V and an immediate fall back down to zero
at start-up (in less than 1 second).  When monitoring the PO installed
plug, I get 12V when the button is pressed and zero when released.

My thought is that the signal to cold start should go until the
thermo-time sensor heats up sufficiently...  If I'm right about this,
does anyone have ideas as to what else could be wrong?

Thanks,
--Greg