[DML] The alternator

As we all know, the delorean came with the 90 amp Motorolla after the
Delco with its problems. Obviously, the 90 amp was sufficient enough
to run the fans, A/C, lights and etc. When my alternator failed me I
purchased the 250 AMP alternator, now compared to the 90 this should
have PLENTY of amps to spare...or does it? I run my car with the heat,
lights and everything cranked, but when I flick to my high beams as if
I was flashing from low to hi-under acceleration I feel my engine
buck. With the more I turn on, the less acceleration I feel my car can
do. Now also I'm having a start problem-I'll go to start my car and it
will crank forever, and won't start even with spray. My suspect is the
alternator. When I can finally turn the car over after a recharged
battery, the alternator squeels like hell and the gauge reading is
very low. The squeeling isn't the belt for sure, more like the magnets
inside the alternator. Is it possible for the alternator to somehow
have an electrical disturbance inside which will cause the ignition
system to fail? Anyone else experience this? Dani B. #5003