[DML] Desperate--Need Advice On Using DC Power Converter

[DML] Desperate--Need Advice On Using DC Power Converter

Hi everyone.

As some of you might know, I am driving my Delorean in the Greenwich
Village Halloween Parade this Sunday.  I have a whole bunch of people
coming in 1980s costumes to walk with me (will be sure to post
pictures).

My dilemma is this:  My car does not have a working stereo.  We need
music for the parade.  I don't really want to have a bring a "boom
box" because that would sound crummy and wouldn't be very loud.  I
tried taking a small stereo system from my home, but it does not run
on batteries.  So, I would like to try to use the car as a power
supply.

However, my cigarette lighter is rusty and not very trustworthy.
Also, after talking to Justin Reaves, who destroyed some appliance by
plugging it into his lighter, I don't think this is a great idea.
Apparently the wiring can be very bad.

Second problem...I am not sure about the condition of my car
battery.  The day I got it I needed a jump start.  However, since
fixing the air conditioner and some other stuff I haven't had any
problems since.  But, it is always a worry.  This would be stop-and-
go for a few miles and I cannot have my car die in the middle of a
parade.  That would be very embarrassing and I am sure NYC would have
lots of great fines to slap me with.

So, I went to Radio Shack and purchased an "accessory outlet" which
is basically like another cigarette lighter.  And, I got a 140 watt
DC-to-AC inverter.  I would have to hook up the new outlet, which I
don't really know how to do.

Can you tell me
a) how to attach the outlet
b) if this is a terrible idea