[DML] Re: Symptoms of bad TA bolts

Easier and a lot safer to just put the car on a lift and inspect. If
you are driving around and your TAB's are THAT LOOSE then you have
already lost the shims and you are just asking for trouble. If your
car EVER feels that bad just park it and walk. One of the hallmarks of
the Delorean is it's tight handling. You should be able to throw it
into a corner and accelerate! Of course you should only push your car
hard if you have full confidence in it. Now you see why I suggest you
replace the TAB's. BTW I recomend when you inspect the TAB's you
should use a magic marker and write the # of shims on each side on the
frame. This way if any should fall out (or you ever take the bolts
out) you will know how many shims to put back. The quick left-right
manuever can tell you if the half-shafts clunk and are in need of
cleaning and relubrication. When under the car inspecting the TAB's
you should be looking around generaly for anything not "right" like
torn C/V boots, loose hardware, burnt wires, oil leaks, coolant leaks etc.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski - DMUK Ltd