[DML] Re: Fuel Injector Pressure vs Fuel Consumption

[DML] Re: Fuel Injector Pressure vs Fuel Consumption

All 6 *ARE* connected to the same point -- there's only 1 fuel
metering piston.

Hoses appear to be evolution from the original fuel injection manifold
(for example Volvo's 1975 B27E, never imported into US in lieu of it's
own inline 6). That unit stood high above the engine like a 6 legged
stool, with hoses dropping from a central point down to each intake
port. Makes sense for that design. I have a picture one one of my
computers that I'll upload to #5939's photo album.

Later B27/B28 fuel injection manifold is indeed difficult to work
with. I suspect that's one reason Renault opted for thin 1/8" steel
lines versus Volvo's fat flouroelastometric ones (note that inside
those fat hoses are thin 1/8" hard plastic lines -- all that rubber is
for protection only).

B280/3.0 jetisoned the later design altogether for a low profile unit
with injectors (EFI) in the manifold, not heads. Combined with a
relocated ignition distributor, makes for *MUCH* easier maintenance
and repair.

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, doctorDHD@xxxx wrote:
>

> In my continuing efforts to measure fuel consumption for the "D" I
installed
> an electronic pressure sensor connected to one of the injectors.
I'm not