[DML] Re: Door Latch Adjustment

Some doors get "tweaked" when you try to drive the car into a garage
with the door open and the door hits the wall. "Not a good thing!"
Difficult to ever get right again. To adjust the anchor pin properly
may require grinding away some of the fiberglass so you can move the
pin a little further. Use a blanket inside the car to try to contain
the mess. To "untweak" the door involves cutting all the internal
stiffeners loose, flexing the door into the correct position, and then
rewelding the stiffeners. Do not try to correct by adjusting the
hinges. You will throw off all of the other adjustments. It is very
difficult to fix the bent corner so it looks "right". You can try
adjusting the front fender to more closely match the curve of the door
so it isn't as noticeable.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757