[DML] Re: Low Brake Fluid Indicator: was Low fuel warning indicator

[DML] Re: Low Brake Fluid Indicator: was Low fuel warning indicator

The black rubber in the middle is the test button. A black plug with 2
wires goes in to the orange part of the cap. You will have to look
around maybe the wires and plug are wrapped up around something or
maybe they were even cut off. I also recomend you remove the cap and
the little plastic resovoir that the float lives in and wipe it out.
Look at the brake fluid. If the fluid is dark and there is a lot of
dirt in there I would suck out what is in there, wipe out the resovoir
as best you can, refill with Castrol GTLMA DOT 4 and flush out the
brake system. Ditto for the clutch if you have the 5-speed. You should
change the brake fluid every 2 years to avoid any corrosion problems
as required in the owner's manual. This also keeps the bleeders from
freezing up, flushes out any dirt and air, and keeps the boiling point
of the brake fluid high. If the P.O. did this (or his mechanic) you
should be suspicous of ALL the work done on the car. Whoever did this
was reckless and had no regard for the safety of the driver of that
car. By disconnecting that plug you would have no warning if there was
a serious malfunction in the brake system. Make sure the emergency
brake is fully functional and check the brake pads and brake hoses.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757